Sponsor

Gemma Arterton Talks Bond And Persia

This time last year Gemma Arterton was an unknown actress who had just finished drama school. One year on and she has a role in Guy Ritchie’s RocknRolla, will be a Bond girl in Quantum of Solace and is currently filming alongside Jake Gyllenhaal as ‘lead female’ in Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time. Not a bad year in my opinion.

Gemma recently spoke to MyParkMag about starring in films dominated by males such as RocknRolla and Prince of Persia.

“I came on set and I, literally, was the totty. I had tight jeans on and a tight top with a push-up bra. Everybody was like, ‘A girl?!’ and talking to me at boob height. I thought, ‘I’ll let you off, as you haven’t had any boobs to stare at for a while.’

Sometimes it’s nice to be around blokes though, because I don’t fuss too much about hair and make-up and neither do they? It’s quite tiring when you’ve got loads of girls ‘Oh, I don’t want that in my hair.’ ”

She added: “On ‘Bond’ it was fine. Although I didn’t get any time with Olga there were plenty of girls in the crew. In my next project, ‘Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time’ I’m the only girl in the whole film. It’s a boy’s world, but I’m quite cool with that.”

Quantum of Solace is released on October 31st, and Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time will be out in 2010.

Source: Filmonic

 

0 Responses to Gemma Arterton Talks Bond And Persia

Sponsor