Sponsor

Stephen Chow Confirmed For Green Hornet

We heard rumblings of this last week and I was on board then, and I remain so now. We get this news of confirmation from our friends at comingsoon and movieblog:

Stephen Chow, one of Asia’s most popular box-office draws as the award-winning star and director of such films as Kung Fu Hustle, CJ7, and Shaolin Soccer, will direct Seth Rogen and star opposite him as Kato in Columbia Pictures’ The Green Hornet, set for release June 25, 2010, it was announced today by Doug Belgrad and Matt Tolmach, presidents of Columbia Pictures. The screenplay is by Seth Rogen & Evan Goldberg, who will also executive produce. Neal H. Moritz is the producer through his Original Film production company.

I still don’t like Seth Rogen as The Green Hornet. I think someone else would be better suited for this role, but he wrote it, and can do as he pleases at this point. The drafting of Stephen Chow gives me much hope for the project. He’s a great director for this movie, and will be a fine addition as Kato.

I will be honest pre-Chow, I wasn’t feeling this project at all. Now I am looking forward to it. A Green Hornet film in the spirit of the original could be a lot of fun and having Chow on board gives me great confidence that it will be the case.

 

0 Responses to Stephen Chow Confirmed For Green Hornet

Sponsor